12 Mar Presentation: ACSC 2018 Conference – Effective Container Security
The rapid adoption of software containers presents a rare opportunity for security to become integrated early and maintained throughout the software delivery pipeline. It also provides the opportunity to share this knowledge across industry sectors so that all entities with DevOps environments can achieve “baked in” security with reduced effort tangible results.
While containers provide excellent opportunities, they also introduce unique new risks. But containers were not inherently architected with security in mind and are not always deployed securely. Effective “securitisation of containerisation” will have wide scale positive impact for the future of online business.
Our COO Murray Goldschmidt presented on the topic of effective container security for security & compliance.
This presentation covered:
- The difference between application virtualisation and virtual containers.
- Managing vulnerabilities in container images
- Attack surface reduction
- Access control management
- Configuration security and hardening
- Automation for DevOps deployment processes
- Implications for Compliance 8. Coverage for OS’s, Apps
To learn more download our Effective Container Security presentation here. For more information call us on 1300 922 933.