DevOps security automation
The full-day (or two-day) training tutorial examines ways of integrating security into DevOps environments by looking at opportunities at each stage of the development pipeline. Above all, the core focus is on automating repeatable security tasks allowing “low-hanging-fruit” issues to be remediated without human intervention.
In this tutorial we cover the following topics:
- Understanding the motivations for providing security in high-velocity DevOps environments.
- Securing the entire DevOps system and ensuring risk is managed according to appetite.
- A defense-in-depth approach for improving code quality and detecting defects earlier.
- Identifying known-vulnerable third-party libraries and managing the supply chain risk.
- Using continuous monitoring tools to detect changes across the entire DevOps stack.
- Self-healing management and remediation of misconfiguration, and enforcing policies.
- Custom solutions versus existing platforms and tools to get immediate results.
- A methodology for crawl, walk and run; ways to ensure a path to DevSecOps maturity.
We finish the tutorial with a real-world attack simulation involving a DevOps stack hosted on Amazon AWS, demonstrating the tactics and automated techniques you have learned.
DevOps security automation tutorial
In this tutorial you will learn the following methods to use in your DevOps environment.
- Best Practice Awareness
- Coding Helpers and IDE Tools
- Developer Sandboxing
- Static Analysis Security Testing (SAST)
- Dynamic Analysis Security Testing (DAST)
- Visualisation of Network Configuration
- Continuous Monitoring Techniques
- Alerting of non-compliant environments
- Auto-enforcement of Configuration Policy
- Self-healing & automated platform tools
- Server-less event driven security