Australia’s trusted cyber security advisor to government
In the ever-evolving environment of cyber security, Sense of Security is trusted by Australian, state and local governments to help keep our nation’s data secure. We work to the highest levels of compliance with mandated policies.
We are an endorsed supplier to the Australian Government, as well as State and Local governments. Many suppliers to government work with us because we understand both corporate and government needs.
Since 2017, we have been working with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Federally, we have worked with most departments and many agencies, including the departments of:
- Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Industry, Innovation and Science
- Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities
At a state and local level, we participate in the following sourcing arrangements:
- NSW Government ICT Services Scheme 0020 and the Core & Agreement (Registered and Advanced Registered)
- Victorian Protective Data Security Standards (VPDSS)
- Queensland GITC Agreement with the State of Queensland
- South Australian Government Cybersecurity Portal
- Premier and Cabinet, Tasmania GITC Specialist ITC Services Panel
- The Victorian Government eServices Register
- TNSW Local Government Procurement: LGP115 IT&C Products, Services & Consulting, and
- Queensland Government Information Security Policy (IS18:2018)
- Department of Education, Queensland
We support agencies to comply with:
- Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Essential 8
- NSW Cyber Security Policy
- Victorian Protective Data Security Standards (VPDSS) and
- Queensland Government Information Security Policy (IS18:2018).
What we do
Securing our government, securing our nation
We are trusted providers of cyber resilience, information security and risk management services.
Our team has many years’ experience working with government departments (and suppliers to government) on data protection, information security management and compliance. We can work with your business on an ongoing or retainer basis.
Some of the services we offer include:
PII data security
We can provide advice on how to protect personal identifiable information (PII), which is highly sensitive in nature.
Sense of Security is your trusted cyber security partner for local, state and federal government.
Relevant case studies
Local government council
This local government council needed a strategic program of work to improve their security maturity, reduce existing risks, and position itself towards a future ISO 27001/2 certification.
- Delivering an enterprise cyber security review (ECSR) including detailed findings, risks and remediation options
- Delivering a strategic roadmap to increase current security maturity
- Delivering a PCI gap assessment for all council payment channels
- Delivering a PCI-aligned document suite including recommendations for PCI-compliant processes that will reduce the organisation’s risk exposure and bring the council into a lower compliance footprint.
State government agency
This state government agency engaged Sense of Security for security assessment work, including PCI DSS advisory and annual security testing.
- A complete review of the corporate network infrastructure, web applications and SCADA ITS network
- An assessment of the security posture of the in-scope network and infrastructure,
- A technical examination of the in-scope web applications and web services
- Detailed reporting on identified vulnerabilities and recommendations for the remediation of risk
- An ongoing partnership for all their cyber security needs.
This government agency engaged Sense of Security to provide security testing services for their large online portal. The objective was to satisfy internal audit and governance requirements while identifying vulnerabilities and providing recommendations.
- We carried out web application testing, penetration testing and host assessment services
- We delivered on time and exceeded client’s expectations
- Our team identified vulnerabilities not previously identified by other suppliers
- As part of the service, we also delivered reporting and recommendations for future improvements.