Cybercrime is a growing threat in Australia and globally.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes are targets. The COVID-19 health crisis has forced a change in the way we work and interact with each other.
The shift toward work-from-home arrangements has amplified every business’s cybersecurity challenges:
- the ever-expanding surface for attackers to exploit
- an online workforce that is not educated about security awareness, leading to weak enforcement of mitigating behaviours (the “human firewall”)
- unsecured data transmissions by people who are not using VPN software
- email and corporate data access that isn’t secured with Multi-Factor Authentication
- and physical and psychological stressors that compel employees to bypass controls for the sake of getting things done
Hackers are taking advantage of the human factor
Hackers are aware of the vulnerabilities during this health crisis. They’re taking advantage to exploit the human factor – the most vulnerable asset in an organization. According to the US Secret Service, cyber criminals are using the most common attack vectors of social engineering / phishing to lure people into sharing information.
Cyber-attacks can bring public infrastructure to its knees, disrupt business operations, create reputational and brand damage, and generally cause irreparable harm to large businesses. A single event could threaten the very existence of any business that has limited capacity to respond and recover.
Harden your human defences.
We can help you train your employees to be your first and last line of defence against cyber-attacks. Strengthening your human firewall is easy and there’s never been a more important time to train your staff and protect your business.
Register today for an online training session.
Act now by completing the form and we’ll be in touch to discuss the right training program for you at a time that suits your team. We are currently running sessions in Phishing Fundamentals or General Security Awareness.